[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP appsviolate the GPL.

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 00:39:09 UTC 2007

So - a question regarding only the Drupal core - if the license was to
be changed, would those who'd need to agree only be the core
committers?  Technically, only they have added any new code to Drupal
core.

For example the only change I might suggest is to change the license
to GPL 2.0 or later, or to add a FOSS exception.  I think one or both
of these needs to be considered otherwise it seems that we are in
trouble regarding Drupal integration with CiviCRM and other FOSS
packages that are GPL 3.0 or GPL 3.0 compatible.

-Peter