[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violatethe GPL.

ttw+drupal at cobbled.net ttw+drupal at cobbled.net
Mon Sep 10 20:02:20 UTC 2007

On 10.09-20:26, Jakob Persson wrote:
[ ... ]
> Therefore a module *is* derivative work.
[ ... ]
> So far many good ideas have been posted and there are others with
> much more knowledge than I have who I know for certain can provide a
> viable strategy to bring every contributor's code safely back into
> the GPL fold.

the continual propounding of this opinion is not beneficial to closing
this thread and letting people move forward with development.  this
can only be asserted by a court of law in a specific duristiction.

until the stated objective of the Drupal community is sanctioned by
the listed copyright holders (i.e. they agree to sue non-complying
parties), and correct ammendments are made to any incorrect files,
and non-complying modules are removed from the distribution; the
minority should refrain from pressing others with this dictum.

n.b: i would still encourage all developers to release free code
whenever possible and personally believe the GPL is a good license as
it protects your code from 'consumption' by commercial entities