[development] Data import and synchronization to nodes

Alexander Barth alex at developmentseed.org
Thu Sep 13 15:03:09 UTC 2007

Wednesday, August 29, 2007, 8:25:15 AM, you wrote:

> Quoting Ken Rickard <agentrickard at gmail.com>:

>> @Earnie: Take a look at the FeedAPI SoC project, it includes pluggable XML
>> parsing and node creation hooks.
>>
>>> *Note* we are aware
>>> of all the existing modules and API and our plans are to use the
>>> existing things as well as create what is missing.
>>>

> XML is only one data format.  GDF hopes to provide a means to I/O more
> formats than XML or RSS.  There is a huge commercial need to be able to
> create nodes out of any format of feed.

Hi Earnie,

I am warming up an old thread here and I am possibly overlooking sth,
so please apologize if I ask sth that's available on the thread.

What's GDF? Sounds a lot like FeedAPI. Have you checked it out?
http://drupal.org/project/feedapi

We are about to iron out the details on it, reviews, suggestions and
patches are more than welcome at this moment.

Alex

--
Alexander Barth
Development Seed