[development] Being noisy on installation...

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Fri Apr 11 17:52:45 UTC 2008

On Fri Apr 11 2008 9:21:05 am Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines wrote:

> my personal opinion is that core should be more informative about what
> happens for something as important as a module installation.  without
> the messages i currently hack into my own modules, the only way a user
> knows anything happened at all is by scrolling down the mile long list
> of checkboxes, and making sure that their module is now marked as
> enabled -- lame.

As the situation currently stands, that is actually no better. When I enable,
say, ten modules at one time and get three "Your module was enabled."
messages, that does not improve the situation. I would rather scroll down the
list and get that visual confirmation. If this changes so that all modules
display that message, then having ten "Your module was enabled." messages
won't really be much more help, though I could then at least count the
messages. Having "The $module module was enabled." (or something similar)
would be better.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/