[development] Arquitectura Drupal

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Apr 23 22:30:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:14:07 -0300, "Victor Kane" <victorkane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick English translation: Above and beyond classifying Drupal in one or
> another design pattern in the strictest sense, we speak of MVC in relation
> to Drupal because of its clean separation of data persistence and forms
> (model), logic (http request and response, or Drupal page life-cycle) and
> view (the HTML that is returned to the browser), and that there are many
> API's and opportunities to override in a clean fashion.

Which is wrong.  3-part separation does not imply MVC.  MVC is one specific 3-part separation that is poorly suited to the web.  WebMVC/MVC2 is a stupidly named architecture more properly termed "Rails-style", since most of them are inspired by Ruby on Rails' misuse of the term "MVC".  I personally happen to think it is a fairly bad architecture, too, but that's more subjective.

See the previously posted link for more details, and please stop calling Drupal something it is not.

--Larry Garfield