[development] Choosing the N number for .install's hook_update_N

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Aug 6 12:38:30 UTC 2008

> mymod_update_1 is sufficient for the update script to find my update.
> The documentation doesn't state that though; so this exercise wasn't a
> waste of time because at least now it is documented in the list

That's always worked - that's how it was in Drupal 5. The convention
preferred in Drupal 6 is merely a human-friendly helper, to more cleanly
distinguish which version an update is tied to. As long as your updates
are in sequential numeric order, the convention you use doesn't really,
truly, matter - the calling code doesn't give a crap.

With that said, I agree with everyone else's sentiment: you're wrong ;)

--
Morbus Iff ( i put the demon back in codemonkey )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/