[development] groking ajax callbacks

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Tue Jan 1 10:37:30 UTC 2008

Neil, Earl, Peter, all,

thanks for your replies.

I have added your various links in the API section of the handbook:
http://drupal.org/node/205296

As far as book.module is concerned, the bit that I missed was the
#ahah part in the form:

  // Add a drop-down to select the destination book.
  $form['book']['bid'] = array(
    '#type' => 'select',
    '#title' => t('Book'),
    '#default_value' => $node->book['bid'],
    '#options' => $options,
    '#access' => (bool)$options,
    '#description' => t('Your page will be a part of the selected
book.'),
    '#weight' => -5,
    '#attributes' => array('class' => 'book-title-select'),
    '#ahah' => array(
      'path' => 'book/js/form',
      'wrapper' => 'edit-book-plid-wrapper',
      'effect' => 'slide',
    ),
  );

I found out that the #ahah attribute is completely undocumented, so I
added a placeholder for it in the FAPI reference:
http://api.drupal.org/api/file/developer/topics/forms_api_reference.html#ahah
(my addition might take a few hours to appear).

It's only a placeholder though. Someone more knowledgeable needs to
complete the doc, there. If nobody does it, at least developers would
be made aware that there is such a thing as #ahah in FAPI.

Is that something new in Drupal 6 ?
[edit: it seems to be. It is mentioned in a very unlikely place:
http://drupal.org/node/114774#choice_check .
Why not in Peter's AJAX page?]

Blessings,

Augustin.