[development] Getting both better internal and external APIs intoDrupal 7

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 3 16:06:09 UTC 2008

Quoting Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>:

> Actually how about just "application"? So they are all "Drupal
> applications".
> This goes well with Drupal being a web application framework, and not just a
> CMS or CMF.

I like the use of the word application here.  And I'm using Drupal as
an application framework for batch/transactional processing as well as
the GUI.

> While this is appealing, it is a bit of an overstretch though: a
> distro/package/install profile is a collection of modules and some custom
> code to set it up.

But isn't an application a collection of smaller modules and functions?
  Perhaps Module Interconnection Language (MIL) is an appropriate
description of our install profile and the files can be suffixed as
.mil?

> Worth considering though.

Yes.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/