[development] CCK lookup and drop-down list

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:22:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Sean Wingert <seanw at norris-stevens.com>
wrote:

>  I am comfortable with PHP and MySQL, but I'm new to Drupal, though I've
> just finished all chapters from Pro Drupal Development (VandDyk and
> Westgate).
>
> Ahh, but have they finished with you?

> I need to create a form which populates a drop-down list from a column in
> a table, like Apples, Bananas, Pears. Should I create a .module, or am I
> overlooking a CCK extension module and/or Views approach?

I was perusing the module list just yesterday, and it seems there is such a
module. See if Fixed Data
Dropdown<http://drupal.org/project/FixedDataDropdown>is of any use to
you (
http://drupal.org/project/FixedDataDropdown ) . "Allows a user to select
data stored into a large database with dependent selection choice (e.g.
Country -> City)"

 Thanks!