[development] module duplication in Drupal contrib

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 26 12:21:40 UTC 2008

Quoting Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com>:

> On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Steven Jones wrote:

> Make modules more findable, and let developers use their judgment in a fully
> informed manner.

We really need hierarchal tagging of the modules. Having more than 300
in Content on d.o/project/Modules doesn't help me find squat.  And what
is the difference between ``Content'' and ``Content display''?  A
search form for just the project nodes would be nice, then I could
drill down better.

>> Side note: Not having *any* metrics for projects on d.o is a very
>> serious problem.
>
> Better no metrics than bad metrics.  If, for instance, we rated
> module quality
> strictly on the number of open support requests there were in the issue
> queue, Views would come out as a module to never ever ever use.  That would
> also be quite wrong. :-)

I agree.  Any ratings would need to reset with each release as well.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/