[development] the time of $op is over?

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue May 13 05:07:29 UTC 2008

Larry Garfield wrote:

> For which he will probably try to smack me...
 I do hope you boys will play those games out of sight.  ;-)

> Similarly, most form_alter implementations can easily be made into
> form_$form_id_alter functions...
Indeed, I was just forced to read the forms changes again and this tidbit
jumped out at me. If anyone has anything more concrete written about this,
I'd love to be pointed at it. Otherwise you may force me to create yet
another handbook page.

> modernize hook_block, too...
Amen to this. This is definitely a place for breaking out a new file. I wish
I had time to help in this one.

> I have an irrational hatred of switch statements...
Ahh, Crell, I have to disagree on this one. Switch is a whole lot easier to
follow than "if ... elseif... elseif... elseif... else". I think they could
have chosen something better than "switch" though.

Nancy