[development] module upgrade

Eric-Alexander Schaefer eric.schaefer at eas-consulting.de
Sat Nov 1 17:49:02 UTC 2008

Hi List,

for some reason the scheduler.module recorded the time for publish and
unpublish in local time of the user with an additional timezone column
for translation to utc or whatever. Some time ago I changed it, so that
it would store the times in utc and removed the timezone column. This
was done for both 5.x and 6.x. Now when upgrading from a current 5.x
release to 6.x scheduler_update_6100() gets called and tries to adjust
already stored times by their respective timezone values and then
removes the timezone column.

function scheduler_update_6100() {
   $ret[] = update_sql("UPDATE {scheduler} SET
publish_on=publish_on-timezone WHERE publish_on<>0");
   $ret[] = update_sql("UPDATE {scheduler} SET
unpublish_on=unpublish_on-timezone WHERE unpublish_on<>0");
   $ret[] = update_sql("ALTER TABLE {scheduler} DROP COLUMN timezone");
   return $ret;
}

Since the timezone column does not exists in current 5.x releases the
update fails. To avoid it I would check for the existence of the
timezone column. But: How?

Regards,
Eric