[development] how to start a drupal like project

My Own Linux myown.linux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 12:56:06 UTC 2008

Firstly thanks to all those who replied. I would like to clear the point
that what I am making is not a CMS. I just want to make a php based web app
that is scalable like drupal and has support for themes, modules, etc.

I was looking for some pointers on the design aspect of a similar php -
mysql based projects. How to design the database, what parts of code can be
reused, how to make a project theme-able, module-able, how to design the
filesystem layouts, how to make sure its secure, structures for admin area -
user area, how to design the class and functions, how to design the page
structures, etc

ps : I have read both the books (esr, producing foss) - but they dont have
any answers for what I am looking for.

I hope this will make my question more clear :)

Excuse me for my bad english.