[development] Menu Tree Access Control?

Simon Roberts lyricnz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 09:42:54 UTC 2009

> Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 00:11:51 -0400
> From: Andrew Berry <andrewberry at sentex.net>
> Subject: Re: [development] Menu Tree Access Control?
> I'm working on a site nearing completion which uses Books and
> book_access for a case similar to yours, though without quite as much
> granularity. We've been quite happy with book_access. If you pursue a
> more fine-tuned system for permissions within a book outline, let's
> get a group going and see what we can come up with, as I think it's
> something my clients would be interested in.

I've also been doing fine-grained book-page access, per-user and
per-role, and ended up coding more than I would have liked.  (Writing
ACLs on the fly, and twiddling with menu-entries during theming -
uugh).

No idea if this is useful, but I saw this new project pop up a few days ago

http://drupal.org/project/book_page_access