[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:06:58 UTC 2009

I would strongly agree with chx and others that in some way we need
additional committers. I think that it does make sense for Dries to be
providing overall guidance, but I think it would be helpful if in
some/many cases Dries would lay out criteria for a proposed change to
be accepted and then delegate review and commit implementation details
to others.

A few of the modules Robert mention (maybe blog, tracker, and help)
should either go or get a serious revamping.  I general, however, many
of the module in core serve as reference implementations of certain
APIs and allow you to build a reasonable little site with just core -
there can and should be other or more feature-rich implementations in
contrib.

-Peter