[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Csuthy Balint csuthyb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:12:49 UTC 2009

Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>> Plenty of other people give up (either on the individual patch or core
>> as a whole),
>>

> Note: this is very very and a very sad important fact.

next fact: there won't be more good core reviewers

joke1: your old feature patch is still not in core. Don't worry "There
are at least two modules for that!"
joke2: create another account on d.o and RTBC your own patch, then at
least the core committer will give you a quick review on the changes.
joke3: if you need a core patch review, then you should create a blog
post about it first.

Károly: sorry, I will not review patches created for the menu module, as
I still do not know it enough, and no time to learn it. I have a huge
list what should I work on, as many Drupal developers have, but core
development is not on the list any more.. I don't know anyone other than
Peter who would make the time and would give you a good review. I trust
you, so your changes should be in the module.

My real advice, if it is possible then create a contrib module which is
better than the one in core. I will switch without hesitation.. My
reviews will be submitted as bug reports. If something does not work
you will know it sooner or later.. Advanced menu would be a good name..