[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:33:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Angela Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net> wrote:

> So my argument is quite simply that without building this number much higher
> for each of the underlying subsystems, I don't see what choice core has
> *but* to turn into the dark, scary kind of contrib by adding more committers
> to the mix.
>
> -Angie

I have to take issue with this in as much as any added committers
would almost certainly not (as you do not) commit their own patches.
If we were to move towards the notion of subsystem committers I would
imagine that they would have to be in close communication with you and
Dires about the overall direction and API design, get one or more
serious reviews in addition to their own review, and probably would
have much less time for writing patches as opposed to reviewing and
committing them.  In other words, they would behave w.r.t. a subset of
the code in much as we observe you (and Gabor, and Neil) behaving.

-Peter