[development] Some of core to contrib?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Apr 21 16:38:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Nathaniel Catchpole
<catch56 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Looks like we could try to do this without changing HEAD development
> at all - if Alex starts with OpenID and Aggregator 2.x branches in
> contrib, then anyone who wants to could do the same for the other
> optional core modules. Then if it works we could look at better
> infrastructure around it.

This is not so simple. The gain for Alex would be that he can work on
DRUPAL-7--1 while core is open with much more freedom.

here, let me state this: would the quality of the code of aggregator
be less high than the core standards? maybe. but, it already is way
below. These only-by-history core module are already not core quality
so let them develop more freely. We are looking for responsible
maintainers so I am sure they wont degrade into a stinking pile of
debris.