[development] Some of core to contrib?

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:41:13 UTC 2009

Well, just to be clear, my biggest issue with core aggregator has long
been that it is not an API, so you cannot call most aggregator
functions outside of the context of the core module.  This is a
problem when trying to extend its functionality, and why FeedAPI (and
the push for FeedAPI in core) was created.

Killes, since I know you have used MySite, take a look at the kludge I
had to write to allow users to add feeds there -- aggregator in core
should support that feature (e.g. non-admins adding feeds to a
collection), but did not (and probably still does not).

So I think that supports the statement that aggregator code is "below"
the node module, for instance.

Should we add new features to aggregator? Maybe not. But it needs an
architecture overhaul. One that is better done in contrib, as it turns
out.

- Ken

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter

--
Ken Rickard
agentrickard at gmail.com
http://ken.therickards.com