[development] Some of core to contrib?

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Wed Apr 22 01:58:10 UTC 2009

I'm confused about one point here.  I must confess that although I
don't have a lot of experience with Test driven development, I've
done some of it and am familiar with the concepts. Are we sure that
drupal.org provides automated  testing infrastructure for contrib? I
don't quite understand how that works given the possibilites of
module conflicts and dependencies.  If you say it works and can point
to an example of a test driven contrib supported by d.o, I'll happily
withdraw this concern, but I've always assumed that contrib test
driven development couldn't happen, but that contrib providers would
need their own infrastructure.

Although my own module list of contrib to remove doesn't include
comments or aggregator, I'm certainly ok with seeing contrib's
removed from core, but I think there's value in having a small set of
useful simple modules track with core and therefor get tests run for
it (assuming I'm right about testing support).

Dave