[development] Drupal development maintenance teams

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 27 11:49:15 UTC 2009

Quoting Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com>:

> On Sunday 26 April 2009 8:27:36 pm Greg Knaddison wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Robert Douglass <rob at robshouse.net> wrote:
>> > Greg, I totally understand your sentiment about "teams". However, if
>> > there are "leaders" in these areas, and the teams can be ad-hoc, how does
>> > that feel? The important thing, to me, is empowering more of the
>> > exceptional people in the community become stronger leaders (by vesting
>> > power and responsibility in them).
>>
>> That feels great. (But how is that different from the MAINTAINERS.txt
>> we currently have?)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg
>
> See my replies in this thread and the previous one.  Explain to me what
> MAINTAINERS.txt actually *means* in practice and then we can say how some
> other proposal would be different.

Is it a GNU requirement?  Or perhaps it is an autoconf one.  Or
perhaps became popular because of Linux distributions have one.

I find no requirement in the GNU standard.  So as I see it
MAINTAINERS.txt could be instructions for future maintainers of the
project.  Something that gives direction to future contributors.  Or
it could be a list of assigned people who have responsibilities in
some area of Drupal project management.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/