[development] Drupal development maintenance teams

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Tue Apr 28 18:35:19 UTC 2009

On 28-Apr-09, at 1:54 PM, Derek Wright wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Sam Boyer wrote:
>
>> We need to remain open to the energy and excitement of new people,
>> but we also REALLY need to not kneecap the energy and excitement of
>> the contributors we already have.
>
> Your whole message is right-on, but this is the "money quote".

Sure, I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

But can you help me understand how the community initiatives pages are
"kneecapping" existing contributors? As far as I'm concerned, they're
simply a public place to document all of the regular brainstorming/
organization that naturally happens over IRC, e-mail, and g.d.o anyway
among people who already make up the 'teams' that Nedjo is proposing
that we formalize in some way. If we add names to the pages, then we
get the added benefit of said people being publicly identified, which
helps them recruit others who share the same itch are looking for
someone to collaborate with.

Seems win-win to me? Can you please enlighten me with a clue bat?

-Angie