[development] Drupal development maintenance teams

Steven Peck sepeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:32:41 UTC 2009

There is actually a written statement that is quite old about what the
MAINTAINERS.txt file is for.  It has not been changed other then minor
edits for years Created 2005, but existed before then).  This page in
it's original form was part of a longer page that Puregin created when
we were breaking up the larger single pages that had existed previous
to 2005.

http://drupal.org/node/21778

Maintainer. Though not directly making decisions, maintainers have
informal responsibility for a designated portion of the core (for
example, a particular core module). Individual areas of responsibility
are listed in the file MAINTAINERS.txt. Maintainers are appointed by
Dries. Core contributors who have made substantive contributions
(particularly to a core component not individually maintained) may
apply for Maintainer status by writing to Dries. Dries may also
individually invite them.

So, Larry, now you know what historically had been expected from those
listed in the Maintainers.txt.  If this changes of course it will need
to be updated to reflect those changes.  I just noticed that someone
changed the title recently.  The title doesn't accurately reflect the
contents and there is an issue regarding some other information on the
page I am looking at.

Steven

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM, larry at garfieldtech.com