[development] hook_user('categories')

William Roboly wilco at nurf.com
Wed Apr 29 02:14:35 UTC 2009

Hi David, I hope this helps you out:

You'll now note this function _user_categories($account) which invokes
the hook_categories(), so you can in fact simply build your categories
that way.

Here is an example of some code from a project I was working on (it
will give you an idea of what you can do with it):

======
function custom_categories($uid, $type, $type_name) {

   $content = array();

   if (user_access('edit own extended permissions')) {
     $content['content_profile_'. $type] = array(
       '#theme' => 'content_profile_display_view',
       '#edit_link' => content_profile_get_settings($type, 'edit_link'),
       '#uid' => $uid,
       '#style' => $style,
       '#content_type' => $type,
       '#weight' => content_profile_get_settings($type, 'weight'),
       '#suffix' => '<br />',
     );

     // Working around the bug described at http://drupal.org/node/302873
     module_load_include('inc', 'content_profile', 'content_profile.theme');
   }
   $content['#prefix'] = '<p id="content-profile-view">';
   $content['#suffix'] = '</p>';

   return $content;
}
======

I'm also using the content_profile module as an API for added
functions. But those can be replaced with whatever functions you want.
I hope that is of use to you.

-wilco