[development] node_delete on module specific node

Matt matt at aleph-null.tv
Wed Apr 29 02:44:38 UTC 2009

We're not talking about *disabled* modules. We're talking about
*uninstalled* modules.

>> So which kind of broken do we want?
>
> Neither.
>
> If you are really using Drupal's APIs properly, the amount of breakage is
> rather small.

That's not "neither" -- if there is still breakage, it is (by
definition) broken.

Quiz, like many other modules, has tight integration with views and
other modules. Once I start deleting things upon uninstallation, I
have all kinds of new issues to worry about. What do I do about that
view of quiz nodes? Do I start scanning the Views and attempting to
alter or delete those? (Earl, don't kill me. That was rhetorical.)

There are many issues closely wrapped up here, but again, we're
talking about what should be deleted when the module is uninstalled
(Uninstalled -- not disabled. I'd be an idiot to delete content when a
module was merely disabled.)

Matt

--
http://technosophos.com