[development] Drupal development maintenance teams

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Apr 29 14:39:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Angela Byron wrote:
>> can you help me understand how the community initiatives pages are
>> "kneecapping" existing contributors?
>
> For starters, because they're impossible to find.  Maybe it's because it's
> after 4am and I've been rolling update.module patches[1] for the last few
> hours, but I just spent literally 10 minutes clicking around the handbooks,
> and I can't find these pages anywhere.  That "Current Drupal core
> initiatives" link in the Contributor links block?  Useless.  No where under
> "Contribute", nor "Documentation", etc, etc.  I only spent that long
> clicking around because not even googling for "site:drupal.org core
> initiatives" turns up anything (at least not in the first few pages).
>
> How is this helping anyone if I can't even find the pages to add one for
> update module?  Much less how is anyone else going to help me with update
> module if they can't find the pages, either?

I think the reason it is not properly linked in is that it does not
have a huge history. It gained popularity when we introduced status
level coloring and reporting in issue links as well as assignee info.
Which makes assembling and maintaining such initiative pages much
easier. They are after all organized and documented flows of issue
links.

Gábor