[development] modify permissions using hook_menu_alter()

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 29 17:58:31 UTC 2009

Quoting Karoly Negyesi <karoly at negyesi.net>:

> Then core needs fixing too. Or people need understanding? Because when
> you say "emptying the cache" some might think that's simply TRUNCATE
> cache. Which, accidentally, DID rebuild the menu in Drupal 5.

Yes, I understand and agree.  The rebuild is triggered simply by
adding a menu_rebuild_needed with a boolean TRUE and executing
cron.php or by calling menu_rebuild directly which is where the
actions occur and what the hook_cron implementation calls.

I'm not sure how to title an issue the drupal_flush_all_caches calls
rebuild_menu, drupal_rebuild_theme_registry, node_types_rebuild.  For
an API that is dealing with flushing caches does it have business
rebuilding non cache tables?  I've created #448750 for continued
discussion.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/