[development] Custom module, do you think I should add it to cvs.drupal.org ?

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Thu Apr 30 08:15:31 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I made a really, really simple module (3 lines and a JS file).

It uses the "title" HTML attribute on text and textarea HTML inputs to
display an empty value in the input, which disappear on focus, and
re-appear on focus out if input is still empty.

This is simple, I saw something like 10 or 20 different JS
implementations; I choosed one of them, (one I saw on Drupal.org's
forums), adapted it a bit the JS file to be more coherent with Drupal6.

The real module just does a "drupal_add_js()" in hook_init() (which
should be compatible with aggressive caching).

Do you think this is a good idea to commit it in the Drupal CVS, as a
new project?

Or do you known some modules which already does the same thing, in a
better way?

Regards,
Pierre.