[development] development with scalability in mind

sivaji j.g sivaji2009 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:31:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Ashraf Amayreh <mistknight at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Following the thread on the CDN, and knowing that soon I'll be working on a
> site with nearly 7 million users per month and a database nearly 20 GBs in
> size. I'd like to ask the gurus out there for technologies/modules within
> Drupal or in the LAMP architecture aimed at huge load sites, I want to try
> to avoid the problem of "early implementation" which may make some of these
> technologies unfeasible or hard to implement in the future if not thought
> out before.

I would suggest you to have a look at pantheon project [1]. Pantheon is an
open source project to make drupal more scalable.  It uses pressflow
distribution with Varnish, Apache, APC and Solr on cloud. You can either get
a mercury AMI instance or create a similar environment in your server [2].

[1] http://getpantheon.com/
[2] http://groups.drupal.org/pantheon/mercurywiki
http://groups.drupal.org/pantheon
https://launchpad.net/projectmercury