[development] SQLite and Drupal 7

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Tue Feb 3 15:09:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 22:39 -0600, Larry Garfield wrote:
> > 4) Should I just shut up and go back into my corner?
>
> Of course not. :-P

Heartily agreed. Whether or not we adopt chx's suggestions, it is an
idea worthy of discussion.

Having a read-only initial conditions database in SQLite also offers us
the potential for an administrative "reset entire site to defaults"
option, which could reset all settings but not delete nodes or users (or
could offer the admin the option of these two things). This would be a
great last-resort recovery option for confused novices, and it would be
a fine testing aid for us developers.

I am not yet ready to say +1 to adopting chx's suggestion, but I'm ready
to say +1 for discussing it seriously.

Scott

--
Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com>