[development] Split module into two?

Pratul Kalia pratulkalia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:02:15 UTC 2009

Hello everyone

I maintain a set of modules called Vote Up/Down Package -
http://drupal.org/project/vote_up_down
It's essentially 2 modules (which is why its 'package'). One module
provides the voting interface. The other module is called Storylink,
and it provides a Digg-submission-like content type that has a title,
some small info and a link to the actual story. It also has other
stuff like a JS bookmarklet.

Since this module has been in existence, these both modules were
packaged together. I feel now that it would be beneficial for people
to have these as separate modules since they perform 2 separate tasks.
Initially, these were together to give a Digg-like package. I don't
really see people using the package for that purpose now. I'd like to
know what other developers think about this issue. Should I separate
Storylink and develop it as a separate module?

cheers
pratul

--
Incoming!
 - OSScamp Pantnagar, 30 Jan - 1 Feb, 2009