[development] File Storage and Path Display

Martin Stadler martin at siarp.de
Fri Jul 24 21:48:52 UTC 2009

Am 24.07.2009 um 19:55 schrieb Bushidodeep:

> Greetings,
>
> I've run into a "best practices" question, I've created a directory
> (i) inside the sites->default->files->i for storing
> thumbnails and custom logo and manually placed the thumbnails there.
>
> Linking to the thumbnails with a text link. Upon a:hover, the path
> to the files directory( sites/default/files/i) appears in the status
> bar.
> Is this customary or have I forgotten a setting in one of the path
> modules, that would obscure this?
>

> CK

Most browsers show the URL a link (a href) ist pointing to in the
status bar if you hover over it with the mouse. Drupal does not do
anything here. If you put something in your files directory and link
to it, well, that is the URL (href). Why would you obscure this? And
how is this about best practice?

Martin