[development] Duplicated modules

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Wed Mar 11 13:03:20 UTC 2009

> Where are those? Despite ...

You obviously do not want to understand those arguments.  I don't want to
repeat what has been stated by others before.

> The point was to make every non-core code just as
> community-maintained as core, but have a wider circle of
> people working on it. So how would the situation of an
> unresolvable conflict arises, if each area of functionality
> gets its own carefully and expandable framework, and code is
> okayed by the community? Don't get what you're trying to say, sorry.

You are rather talking about a distributed versioning system like git, where
anyone can do anything anywhere.  Some people are already investigating
that, but that discussion has been moved elsewhere.

> > I could even imagine that the content of this queue can be very
> > interesting for all Drupalers
> Well that's the point. Have all Drupalers maintain the
> modules, not just a specific maintainer. Just like core, but
> supported by better tools..

See above.  Also, I was talking about a moderation queue, which would have
an effect on new, potentially duplicated projects (not existing), trying to
prevent the issue at all in the first place.

sun