[development] Summer of Code starts... now!

Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg Alex at ZivTech.com
Tue Mar 24 21:49:07 UTC 2009

Hi all-

Just wanted to let everyone know that students officially began
submitting applications to participate in the Summer of Code this past
week. In order to insure we get the highest quality students, and the
best projects, it would be great if you could give a spend a few
minutes of your time reviewing and commenting on ideas. If you're
planning on mentoring, you should:

* sign up to the Summer of Code 2009 Mentors group at
http://groups.drupal.org/soc-2009-mentors
* apply to be a mentor on the the Official Summer of Code site at
http://socghop.appspot.com/  (see instructions below in the comments
of this post: http://groups.drupal.org/node/20496#comment-70812 )
* review ideas, create ideas, and most importantly, help the students
navigate through the often choppy community waters on the groups site
and IRC.
* if you're interested mentoring one of the proposed ideas you should
comment on that proposal's discussion to let students know that
mentors are willing to work with them

Also- if you need to reach me and can't find me in the #drupal irc
channel, please feel free to send me an e-mail (alex at zivtech). I
can usually jump on IRC on my iphone if I'm not at a computer, so
please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, ideas, or
concerns you have.

Thanks!!!

p.s. sorry for the multiple posts, I want to make sure everyone gets
the word that the SoC is in full swing, and that the time is now if
you have an idea for a project or would like to help us find the next
Drupal superstar.

--
Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg
ZivTech, LLC