[development] Can .htaccess discard part of a path?

Seth Freach sfreach at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 21:14:48 UTC 2009

a module based solution is possible too, but I'd point out a couple of
caveats:
 - a module to handle this will require a Drupal bootstrap to take
place.  Depending on your site load and resources, this may or may not
be negligible, and might not be desirable if it can be avoided. This
might be a non-issue for small or even medium traffic sites...
 - drupal_goto will return a 302 http response code by default.  Be sure
to specify '301' as the 4th arg to drupal_goto to tell it that this
resource has moved permanently, not temporarily.

Seth