[development] new dev q: are mysql queries possible within drupal?

spartaguy spartaguy spartaguy300 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 09:55:16 UTC 2009

 I want to do a select on a table and just display the results in main
window pane.

ie header is standard logo, left hand side is navigation menu.
One of the navigation items should be able to do a query on a table in the
local drupal database or ideally in a separate database.

the mysql syntax is the easy part. its the creating a menu item that will do
the mysql select statement and display the results in the main window pane.

Does this make sense?

Paul