[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6core?

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Thu Nov 19 02:46:06 UTC 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 7:05 PM, Randy Fay wrote:

> Reviewing CVS applications:
>
> I had no idea that it was an issue queue. And it says nothing about
> the process on the project page.

I also had no idea that was an issue queue and I'm also really curious
about the standards here.  After looking through a few of the pending
applications, it seems to me first time modules get a level of
scrutiny far beyond that given to modules already in contrib  I guess
that could be a good thing, as people could learn their lessons early,
but I also expect Drupal is losing a lot of potential contributors by
holding up CVS accounts over relatively minor issues that could better
be dealt with in a more public forum after a project is created.
Here's a representative example:

http://drupal.org/node/622334

I might be missing something (and if I am, maybe my CVS account should
be revoked?), but I don't see any issues there that really hurt
anything, and I've seen all of that in several modules already in
contrib.

Is it appropriate to have these discussions in the CVS application
issue queue?

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com