[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Thu Nov 19 04:53:22 UTC 2009

Before one tries to solve a problem, it would be interesting to prove
or provide evidence that it exists.  As a module maintainer, I think
REALLY HARD before considering creating a new module on CVS, because
I know what maintaining a module entails, and I've already worked
hard to try and get others involved in my own issue queue.   I lean
towards looking for duplicate modules cause I want to pair up with
people to lessen my own workload.  If I post a module, I've already
tried to find another module that does something similar, and when
possible have tried to float patches against that module to get it to
do what I want it to do.  Because I KNOW my time is limited. I don't
think that I'm alone here.

Anecdotes don't count here.  If we've got 5000+ modules, how many of
these are duplicates posted by maintainers of other modules. My bet
is the number is really low, and not worth investing a ton of time in.

Show me da numbers.... :)