[development] GPL 2 violation by integrationservic.es

Kieran Lal kieran at acquia.com
Thu Nov 19 16:51:20 UTC 2009

Hi Alex, try http://groups.drupal.org/legal

I am not a lawyer. This is my limited personal understanding. But I
believe you can charge what ever you want for a module. The GPL 2
requires that you distributed the source and GPL 2 or greater license
with it.  So unless they are refusing to include the GPL license with
it and the source code this shouldn't be a problem. They are also
offering 1 month of support with a single domain usage, and 1 year of
updates and 1 month of support for the multi-domain usage.  Again, as
long as their "license" doesn't conflict with the GPL 2 or greater
license I don't see a direct violation.  GPL 2 doesn't demand future
releases of software.

Kieran