[development] Drupal way of doing onchange

Greg Holsclaw greg at t2media.com
Sun Nov 22 21:25:11 UTC 2009

A quick way to do this is to use the attributes as you mentioned. Any HTML
attribute can be added into the attributes array as follows:

  $form['cc'] = array (
    '#attributes' => array(
	'onChange' => "some_js_funtion();"
	),

You can include Jquery directly there instead of the function if you simply
need to hide a div, or you can use:

drupal_add_js(path_to_file);

Of course, from a JavaScript purists mindset, you should attach all the
event handlings later, but that is a completely different topic.

If you have a callback to get more information from a menu callback, then
AHAH or CTOOLs is definitely the way to go, but for simpler affects this way
might be sufficient.

Greg