[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:14:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Earnie Boyd
<earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 Pierre Rineau wrote:
>>
>> My though is that on d.o, it should exist some kind of tag like "core
>> team says YAY! to this module" and "core team totally disapprove this
>> ugly module", which should help users to get stable, maintainable, and
>> non abandoned modules.
>>

> http://drupal.org/project/usage
>
> The above link should be enough to provide which modules are stable as well
> as the most useful.

I disagree.  The project usage statistics are a simple popularity
contest among sites which report statistics.

There are lots of sites which do not report statistics.  There are
high quality modules which have limited audiences, making them less
popular.  There are even a number of modules which are of poor quality
which have high usage, because they meet a high-demand need, but for
which no one else has written a high-quality module.

Usage statistics are only one approximate measure of good modules.