[development] Getting SVN to deal with orphaned and new files

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Nov 25 06:00:53 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 10:35:06 pm Shai Gluskin wrote:
> Wow; with drush, as Larry hinted, no need to use CVS versions anymore
> unless you've hacked the module. Goodbye cvs_deploy module and lots of CVS
> files getting committed to SVN.
>
> But here is my question. Can anyone confirm that what I just described is
> not so with Drupal core. Though Drush can download a fresh non CVS install
> of Drupal, It isn't able to upgrade Drupal core. So it seems like it still
> makes sense to not use Drush for downloading Drupal core, but stick to CVS
> for ease of upgrade. Can anyone confirm that is correct?
>
> Shai

I was using the "vendor drop" method Andrew describes until recently.  I just
hated having to maintain it.  So instead I hacked up a drush command that CAN
update core:

http://drupal.org/node/434944#comment-1939448

No idea when that issue will work its way into Drush itself, but the code I
posted works for me.  I'm certain it's not the best approach, but it works for
me. :-)

--
Larry Garfield
larry at garfieldtech.com