[development] taxonomy terms as view field

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Thu Oct 1 21:58:50 UTC 2009

Josh Miller wrote:

Sounds like my day ;P

Nancy Wichmann wrote:

> Are you sure you need a view? Would taxonomy_menu, taxonomy_directory, or
> taxonomy_list handle your need?

Josh, it continued after that.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, when
I dump $fields, and I end up spending an hour or three experimenting
until I end up with
$tid_title=taxonomy_get_term($fields['model']->handler->view->args[0])->name;
It takes me sooo long (even with formatted print_r's) to get to the
value I need in that massive structure, same with $node.

Nancy, thanks for the idea. I'm ignorant as to whether that would
work...I'll do some reading for my next encounter. The part that makes
me uncertain is that the product has many fields that don't apply to
this 'catalog' view. The owner has standard products that will go
through checkout, so that have product description, price, etc.  The
other half or more of the products are affiliate products, where none of
that information is needed, because an iframe from the supplier provides
a photo, price and link to the product detail page. So I needed a
mechanism for an argument, selecting fields, and rewriting the output of
the product id as an iframe.

Jeff