[development] node bulk operations [was: new features in D6 core?]

Andrew Schulman andrex at alumni.utexas.net
Fri Oct 23 17:05:42 UTC 2009

> > It's true, the feature is quite simple.  It really should just be
> > integrated
> > into core.
>
> I wonder if this feature would be best implemented as an action in VBO
> for D6:
>
> http://drupal.org/project/views_bulk_operations

It does seem to sort of fit there.  The problem though, is that then it
would depend on both views and vbo, which are fairly heavyweight modules.

I've looked around for other admin or multilanguage-related modules where
this feature might fit, but I haven't found any good candidates yet.  I
think there were one or two but again they seemed pretty heavyweight for
someone who wanted just this small feature.

Another option to make the module more worthwhile on its own, would be to
expand it to include other bulk node operations.  That would be fine, but I
don't happen to have any others at present.  Anyone know of any other
candidates?

Any thoughts about the best name for a module that currently just provides
a language bulk set operation?

* Language bulk set:  narrowest and currently most accurate.

* Language bulk operations:  room to expand.

* Node bulk operations:  lots of room for future growth, but a bit
grandiose for a module that currently only provides one operation.

Thanks,
Andrew.