[development] Changing Input format for all instances of a field

Ken Winters kwinters at coalmarch.com
Mon Sep 28 17:36:35 UTC 2009

The safest way will always be to go through Drupal and use the node
save functions (through a custom script, feedapi, etc.) because any
related data will also be updated.  Otherwise, modules will miss the
opportunity to hook in.

However, your integer field is probably safe to change directly in the
database if you don't want to spend a lot of time on it.

- Ken Winters