[development] How do you create content for story by updating the database directly (what tables need to be updated?) instead of using the Drupal web application?

Mukesh Agarwal mike4u4ever2001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:48:03 UTC 2010

There are a few tables affected by adding a node. My suggestions:

   1. Node Import module -- alpha version
   2. Write custom queries to insert data into each table
   3. Use node_save for rescue, I would use this :-) Lets say you have a
   table where you have the 4 pieces of data for every story, browse through
   them using mysql and build the node object accordingly, after building the
   node object, use node_save function to create the node (All in all just a
   small script can do this)

--
Cheers,
Mukesh