[development] Searching for AHAH! instead of AHAH?

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Thu Dec 30 12:08:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 23:55 -0700, Randy Fay wrote:
> So are you saying that Earl Miles doesn't do some highly unusual
> things? :-)
>
> I think my key point was that using #tree in a form_alter could have
> unanticipated effects.

Not only could, but does. A lot of forms in core are not #tree'd, but
have a hierchical build in the function that builds it.

The side effect is that at validate (if any custom validation handler) /
submit time, the handlers won't find their original data because the
values will be a tree reflecting the form build instead of a flattened
array. It happened to me once, I won't mess like that with core forms
anymore :)

But I still don't understand the real purpose of making form that are
not #tree'd by the way. #tree is good, and at least it ensures that data
will have the same structure than the form (and more than that, can
avoid name conflicts).

Pierre.