[development] Batch API on cron

Sven Decabooter sdecabooter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:01:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm reading contradicting posts about running Batch API processes on cron.
This is for Drupal 6 BTW.
I have tried implementing a batch functionality that should be run on cron,
but it doesn't seem to process the work that needs to be done.
I assume this is because running the cron through a commandline command
doesn't allow for javascript...

So my questions:
- Have I implemented Batch API incorrectly, and should it normally work also
on cron?
- What is the best way to run a process that would normally trigger a php
script timeout? Can I use the Queue module for that?

I'm sure plenty of people have already tried doing this, so I'm not sure why
I can find little consistent information about it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sven