[development] Creating glossary/dictionary style links for a list of nodes.

Anth malkouna at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 10 23:49:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a requirement for "glossary" style links, but a little bit beyond
just A | B | C etc.  What is required is that if you select A in the
previous links you get a set of links like Aar - Aba | Aba - Ada | ...
etc.  I could write custom code for this but I'm hoping that maybe I can
make this a bit more re-usable and, knowing that views can do the first
part at least, perhaps making this something that is an addition to
views.  Does anyone have any ideas about this path (I'm thinking a
custom display) that would make this useful?  Effectively it's a pager,
so another thought might be to override the pagers that views uses, but
I'm not sure that is even possible.

Thoughts?

Anthony.