[development] Using Batch API in hook_install

Carl Wiedemann carl.wiedemann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:20:24 UTC 2010

Alternatively you could have post-install drupal_set_message() that prompts
the user to visit call the batch operation manually (similar to when content
access permissions need to be rebuilt via admin/content/node-settings). Use
variable_get()/variable_set() once the batch has run to disable the message.